Military veterans, retired and active duty members deserve the many discounts available to them. As a thank you, our country and plenty of companies offer steep discounts and even free products and services only to military and immediate family members.
There are private companies and federal programs that many of our past and present servicemen know of, but there are plenty that exist that are relatively unknown, until now. That's why we are here. To show you what you might be missing and to help you save on things you may not have known existed. Enjoy our list and please share this with others you know might be interested.
1. $42,000 Mortgage Reduction For Qualified Homeowners
When veterans and active military homeowners visit the VA Refinance Website they are surprised their benefits qualify them for a huge mortgage reduction, that can save them on average a whopping $42,000 on their mortgage.
Millions of savvy veterans are taking advantage of VA benefits that drastically reduce monthly mortgage payments by an average of $3,100 each year. These benefits serve as a big pay day for our veterans, but millions of veterans miss out on these huge savings by simply being unaware of their eligibility for this program.
All veterans and active military can qualify for this refinance program and the process is very simple.
2. Install A Free Home Security System
Often overlooked as a major money saver is a home security system. Especially with the deal we've struck with SafeStreets, one of the top ADT dealers in America, to give our veterans the best deal possible.
Only our Veteran readers can now get a FREE home security system, plus a free $100 Visa gift card, plus a FREE digital camera ($250 value). You just pay $99 installation and the monthly monitoring service. This equates to up to $2550 in value for just the cost of installation. You won't find this deal anywhere else.
Aside from your exclusive savings, a home security system reduces home insurance by an average of 20%. Amazing right?
3. Military Discounts on Apparel and Accessories From Local Retail Shops
From local shops to national chains, a range of clothing and accessories stores offer special prices and deals for military personnel. Get some great discounts from these participating companies:
- Bass Pro Shops: Eligible military members receive a 5 percent discount every day on select products and Cabela’s gear with a valid military ID.
- Champion: Military personnel and veterans get 10 percent off.
- Big 5 Sporting Goods: Active-duty and reserve military personnel, retirees, and veterans receive a 10 percent discount on their in-store purchase.
- Foot Locker: Qualified military personnel can get a 20 percent discount off most purchases on Footlocker.com.
- Michaels: Get 15 percent off your purchase — including sale items — every day with a military ID.
- MLBshop.com: Military personnel and first responders, along with their spouses and close family members, get a 15 percent discount on their purchase.
- NBA Store: Military service members receive a 15 percent discount on their order.
- Nike: Receive a 10 percent discount at Nike.com and at Nike stores as an eligible military member.
- NFL Shop: All eligible military personnel enjoy a 15 percent discount to use when purchasing products on NFLShop.com.
- Under Armour: For eligible military personnel, the sports retailer offers a 10 percent discount with verification.
4. Consolidate All Your Existing Debt Into One Simple Payment
Members of the military run into unavoidable factors – constant relocation, financial inexperience and unemployment among spouses – that make them more vulnerable to falling into debt than civilian peers.
Do you owe more than $10,000 in credit card debt? Here is an amazingly effective debt relief program available for Veterans, Retiress and Active Military Members by Freedom Debt Relief that can not only consolidate your loans, but can also reduce the amount you owe. Pretty cool right?
5. Save On Auto Insurance
Think you're already paying a low auto insurance rate? Think again. Recent studies show that just 5% of Veterans and active duty servicemen pay less than $50 per month for auto insurance. If you pay than $50 per month, and have had no accidents or tickets in the past two years, odds are you can secure a far lower car insurance rate. The best way to do this? Compare quotes from multiple insurers. It's really the only way to ensure you're paying the least possible.
Age and other factors always play a roll, but military members could get a BIG discount on their car insurance. With Discount Car Insurance, you fill out a simple form and you'll instantly receive multiple quotes from top insurers. It's that easy! So give it a shot and get the savings you deserve with Discount Car Insurance.
7. Veterans: There's A Way To Never Pay For Home Repairs Again
You never know what will happen with your home. That's why it's important to get a home warranty. Think of it as taking vitamins to prevent future disaster. You won't feel the benefit right away, but you won't feel what you are trying to prevent. Plus the peace of mind a home warranty provides is priceless.
A home warranty will not only save you money, but it protects all appliances and other systems put under coverage. This includes refrigerators, AC, dryers, washers, dishwashers, ovens and more. Total Home Protection offers rock solid protection when something inside or outside of your house goes wrong. Total Home Protection has a claims hotline open 24/7. Once a claim is filed, a local technician is sent to fix it. A home warranty gives protection when the unexpected happens.
Exclusive Offer: Our military and veteran readers are now being offered one month FREE and $100 Off when you sign up. This offer is not available to anyone but our readers. Click here to take advantage.
8. Free Admission to National Parks for Military Members and Their Families
Yosemite, Yellowstone, The Grand Canyon, Zion, The Everglades & More
With this amazing perk, active military members can tour America’s National Parks for free, for life.
Military members and their dependents are now eligible to receive a free annual pass to U.S. National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands. Beginning May 19, 2012, all active duty military members and their families can receive the free annual pass with proper identification – a Common Access Card (CAC) for the military member and DD Form 1173 for dependents (see more info about getting a replacement military ID card if you need a new one).
How to get a free annual pass: You must apply for the free pass in person at the National Park or Federal Recreation Land with your ID in hand.
What is covered with the free pass?
Passes cover entrance to Fish and Wildlife Service and National Park Service sites that charge Entrance Fees, and Standard Amenity Fees at Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management and Bureau of Reclamation sites. The pass covers admission for the annual pass owner and the passengers in their vehicle (up to 3 adults per vehicle, age 16 and over; no charge for children under age 16).
Are free passes available for veterans?
Unfortunately, no, unless you are a Veteran with a disability rating. Otherwise this offer is good for active duty service members and their dependents. If you haven't been rated, you may want to, as this and other discounts not available to Veterans, may be available to Veterans with a disability rating. More information on how to obtain a rating decisions can be found at benefits.va.gov.
So get out and see America!
9. Military Hotel and Travel Discounts
Active-duty personnel and veterans can land big deals on train, plane and bus fare. Take advantage of these military fares and don’t forget to book a hotel with a discount to enjoy when you arrive at your destination. These companies offer some of the best veteran discounts and military travel discounts:
- Amtrak: Active-duty military personnel, their spouses and dependents can receive a 10 percent discount on the lowest available fare price on most Amtrak trains, as well as permission for uniformed military personnel to skip to the front of ticket lines. This offer is invalid on non-Acela business class, first class or sleeping accommodations.
- Best Western Hotels & Resorts: Veterans and active members enjoy at least 10 percent off the flexible rate at Best Western locations in North America. This offer is also extended to Canadian military members who are on official government business travel.
- Greyhound: Veterans Advantage card members receive 10 percent off tickets purchased online or at a Greyhound station.
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts: Active-duty and retired military members receive a discounted room rate at participating Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Search by the military base, government building or local attraction to check availability and view exact discounted room rates.
- Motel 6: Get a 10 percent discount on a room with a valid military ID.
- National Car Rental: While traveling on official business, U.S. government travelers can enjoy benefits, including a loss damage waiver, discounted rental rates and no fees for additional or underage drivers.
- Red Roof Inn: Active military members and their loved ones can enjoy 10 percent off their room. A 20 percent discount is available to those carrying a VetRewards card.
- Sandals: Take advantage of an additional 10 percent savings on top of current promotions when you book a Sandals luxury all-inclusive vacation.
- Travelers: Members of PenFed Credit Union could save an average of $550 on auto insurance.
- United Airlines: Veterans Advantage members receive up to 5 percent off tickets for United- and United Express-operated flights purchased on United.com.
10. Not Enough Veteran Homeowners Claim This Amazing Benefit
Veterans: Cut Your Interest By 72%
If you took out a 30-year mortgage on your home, you’re not alone. And you could be paying tens of thousands of dollars in unnecessary interest over the course of your loan. But not to worry, this VA homeowner program is designed to empower Veteran homeowners with a better mortgage with lower interest and many options that only our VA homeowners can qualify for. Sounds great, right?
11. Military Specials From Mobile And Tech Companies
From hardware and software to monthly payment plans, some mobile and technology companies offer deep discounts to veterans and active service members. Start saving today with these deals:
- Apple: For eligible military members and their families, discounts and promotions are available. You can purchase or “sponsor” up to three system bundles or displays, three iPads, three iPhones, three watches, and up to 10 iPods each full calendar year from January 1 to December 31.
- AT&T: Qualified active-duty military and National Guard service members, reservists, veterans, and spouses of active-duty or deceased service members can receive 15 percent off their monthly service charge under qualified plans.
- Boost Mobile: Temporarily suspend service and service charges under the Deployed Military Program.
- Samsung: Military Discount Program members can save 20 percent on a Galaxy S8, S8+ or Note8 smartphone.
- Microsoft: Enjoy a 10 percent discount on various Surface devices as an active, former or retired military member. Former service members who are business owners are eligible to receive discounts on Microsoft products they need for their business.
- T-Mobile: All U.S. military and veterans receive 50 percent off family lines.
12. Theme Park and Entertainment Discounts
From local theaters to giant theme parks, entertainment venues of all kinds offer discounts for active military men and women, as well as former and retired veterans. Here’s where to have more fun for less:
- Busch Gardens: All eligible military personnel and up to three of their dependents receive one free admission per year to SeaWorld, Busch Gardens or Sesame Place.
- Cinemark: Go see a movie for less with a government-issued military ID. Contact your nearest Cinemark theater to find out exact discount days, rates and times.
- Disneyland Resort: Eligible service members and their spouses enjoy discounted rates for select rooms valid on most nights from now until Dec. 19, 2018.
- Knott’s Berry Farm: Get into one of California’s favorite theme parks for just $52 with a military ID. The offer excludes junior tickets, senior tickets, and Knott’s Scary Farm or any other special or private events.
- Legoland: Active-duty military members receive a discount on admission tickets at Legoland California. Also, score exclusive military savings on Legoland California resort hopper and Legoland California Sea Life hopper tickets by visiting the resort’s military promotions website.
- Massage Envy: At participating locations, all active-duty military personnel can join Massage Envy at a savings of $60 annually.
- National Park Service: Get free entrance into national parks across the U.S. with the free annual pass for U.S. military, which you can obtain by showing a military ID. Standard amenity fees and day use fees for a driver are also waived with the pass.
- Showcase Cinemas: All active-duty military members and their dependents can receive discounts on movie prices. Get a general admission ticket for $7.50 and bargain matinee, children, and senior tickets for just under $6.
- Universal Studios Hollywood: Excluding blackout days, discounted ticket prices are available for all active-duty and retired military personnel all year with a valid military or U.S. government I.D. at time of purchase.
13. Veteran Homeowners: Go Solar And Never Pay For Electricity Again
The economics of solar energy have never been better! Solar electric systems have no moving parts, and come with a 25 year warranty (expected lifespan of 40-50 years), which means you can lock in your electricity rate for decades. On top of that, many solar providers offer installation and panel discounts to all present and past military members!
Solar energy is a reliable, renewable resource. Solar energy contributes jobs to the local economy that cannot be outsourced, and by building our local energy production resources we reduce our dependence on foreign energy sources.
With solar, you achieve three ‘wins’ – A win for your wallet, a win for the environment, and a win for America.
14. NEVER Pay For Another Auto Repair Again
Has your auto warranty expired or is it about to expire?
For a limited time, our readers can get protection for 60% off of reseller prices when you go direct with Platinum Auto Warranty. You fill out a simple form and you'll instantly receive a quote for extended protection, so you'll never pay for auto repairs again. It's a great way for our military readers to save!
15. A Cheap Gadget To Ensure You Never Pay More Than You Should On Car Repairs
Ever see the "check engine" light on in your car and have no clue what it means?
The typical response is to head straight to the local "trusted" mechanic and see what's up. Well that response is exactly how these mechanics make their money. They know most of us are clueless about our cars, so they create a laundry list of things that need to be repaired. The fact is, 90% of the time, you're being ripped off. Enter FIXD.
FIXD is pocket-sized device plugs right into your car’s dashboard and instantly diagnoses your car’s issues onto your phone screen in plain English. This way, you know at all times what problems your car may or may not have, without the help of your "trusted" shady mechanic. This device has upended the entire auto mechanic industry, as it's taking millions out of their pockets, and keeping it in yours!
Never get scammed at the garage again. Click here> or the button below to find out more about FIXD.
- Veterans Can Save A Whopping $42K On Their Mortgage. Take 60 Seconds To See If You Qualify
- Veterans Can Get A Steep Discount On Auto Insurance
- Drug Kills 106,000 Per Year? Deadliest Drug Ever Used By Over 9,000,000 Seniors Daily [Watch]
- Veteran Homeowners Go Solar, And Never Pay For Electricity Again. See If You Qualify For These Savings.
- Veterans Over 64? See What "Trump Care" Is All About. Find The Lowest Medicare Plans Now